Monday, April 12, 2010

Lullaby


Pray for me, world. That baby looks beautiful and perfect, but my placenta doesn't. Apparently it's got a blood clot behind it, and I'm stuck in bed wondering what I did to cause this, though they say it just happens sometimes.

Nonetheless, I can think of lots of things I did that would make it my fault--Bollywood dancing and climbing a tall tower at the Wildflower Center on Thursday, carrying Graham around too much every day, hoisting the heavy stake canner out of my car and taking a meal to someone on Friday, going to San Antonio Saturday, not getting enough sleep.

But none of this helps. What helps is recognizing that this pregnancy is in God's hands. Though some of the things I did last week were not all that wise, He knows my intentions are pure, and has the ability to cover my weakness with His power.

Or heal my heart if things turn out otherwise.

That knowledge should give me the peace and hope to go back to sleep at this ungodly hour of 3 a.m., and wait upon the Lord.

Good night, baby. Sleep tight. And safe.

4 comments:

  1. Oh no. Oh no. How many weeks are you? I'll call you tomorrow. And I'll pry until then. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had something similar during my pregnancy with Maggie, but it all worked out just fine. I'll keep you in my prayers and congrats on the pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for the added stress this pregnancy, Merinda! Please keep us posted on how you are doing, and we will keep you in our prayers! After my IVF to get pregnant with Natalie, I started bleeding at 7 weeks, ended up in the ER while we were in Utah for Christmas thinking I was miscarrying, but I had a tear in my placenta that we watched constantly and it didn't grow as the baby did and in the end she came perfectly! I spent a very anxious, restful, 13 weeks at the beginning of the pregnancy before the doctor let me do much of anything (pick up anything, etc.), but everything worked out okay. I'll be praying for the same for you. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there, no matter what. Love you!

    ReplyDelete