Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Another Birthday


We're having a birthday party. Wanna come?

When: October 12th (at least we think that's when the party will go down)

Where: North Austin Medical Center

Why: Because we like babies

How: Do you really want that much information?

I think it's silly that people traditionally don't tell people they are pregnant until they're 12 weeks along, just when the morning sickness starts to wane. So many of you already know the news. But if any of the rest of y'all have been wondering why I've been walking around like a zombie, eating constantly, and getting unusually weepy at church for the last few months, here's your answer.

I don't remember the first trimester feeling so yucky, but maybe pregnancy in your thirties is a whole different ball game. But despite the sickness and exhaustion, we're all quite excited for the arrival of the little person October 12th. Graham asks every few days when the baby is going to come, and Russell and Isaac love to hear about how big the babe is (currently the size of a peach).

Monday we had an ultrasound and everything looks great. The teeny tiny bones lined up perfectly along the gleaming spine were stunning to me—and the tiny arms moving back and forth, the skinny legs crossed with tiny toes at the end. There's a real, amazing little body squirming around inside of me! Though the rumors flying around the elementary school might tell you otherwise (who knew third graders could be so gossipy?!), we do not yet know for certain whether we have spawned a boy or a girl. So sit tight!

Meanwhile, I'll be lazing around the house, eating pickles to get that blasted bile taste out of my throat. And when I'm not napping or feeding my face, I'll be cleaning out closets and moving furniture, puzzling over where to squeeze in another person.

Get ready for the party!

6 comments:

  1. Mindy, Congrats! I'm so excited for you and your family! I hope all goes well and you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you!! You get to start the baby phase all over again, and you will love it. I am so grateful for the five year break I got between my kids . . . helped me love and enjoy the last ones more to have the first two older. Can't wait to find out what you are having!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sariah, I would love to have you come! You could be my doula, and then maybe I'd be brave enough to go for the home birth. I'm serious. Come!

    Katie, I'm hoping the five year break wasn't too long for me and my body is too old to do this again! I'll try to be brave and cheerful like you always are, or at least appear to be (I'll always remember hearing you tell your girls to "put on a happy face"--I say it to my kids now, because I think it's an important skill to learn).

    Alex, I wish I were having twins like you, so I could call myself done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah we're soooooooo excited! If you can't find space we'd love to take a few of the boys. Max and Spence would be in heaven!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete