![]() |
Monday, October 25, 2010
Oh Henry!
This is version 2.0 of the birth story. Be grateful that I decided to put version 1.0 in my journal. The play-by-play of 46 hours of labor got really long and boring . . .
We'll start with Day 2 . . .
Rich and I being cheesy outside our house just before we went to see the midwife Monday afternoon (Rich decided to declare our love to the neighbors with paint . . . as if the belly didn't make it obvious!).
Mom came with us to the birth! It was so nice to have my momma there to comfort me and cry with me.
In labor at the hospital Monday evening with the lights dimmed and calming music playing on the ipod.
The beautiful baby boy who came out screaming after just 30 minutes of pushing! Truly a miracle.
Henry Field Cutler
Born Tuesday, October 19th, 1:07 a.m.
9 lbs. 2 oz.
22 inches long
Awwww . . .
There was meconium in the amniotic fluid, so there was much ado about little Henry.
Big baby boy! He ranks #2 after Isaac's 9 lbs. 4 oz., but maybe if he hadn't pooped in the womb he could have been #1!
This is me telling the midwife Kathy that I don't have any more pushing power left to push that placenta out (it eventually came out after about 30 minutes).
They finally let me hold my baby for a minute before they whisked him off for tests and a bath.
Graham officially becomes a big brother!
Four boys, four joys!
Aunt Katie did an amazing job holding down the fort while we were at the hospital. Thanks, Kate!
Kate also put my mascara on me so I wouldn't look quite as tired as I felt in this photo!
Henry dressed in his going-home outfit.
It always amazes me how little they look in their car seats!
Welcome home, baby!
First sleep in his new bed.
Talking to Nana.
Meeting Great Grandma Jane Key, who told him all about his namesake: Great-Great-Great-Grandpa William Henry Field (he went by Henry). She says he had a really big head and had a hard time finding a cowboy hat to fit him. He was a stoic man who loved his chickens, and he taught his daughter, Grandpa Richard Field Key's mother Ardis Arline Field, how to read. He died in 1940 when Grandpa Key was fifteen or sixteen.
Meeting Great Aunt Liz
Big Bro
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



























Congratulations! Four boys, oh my - but you're the gal to do it. What's weird is that I HAVE 4 bros, but it still seems like a LOT of boys to me!
ReplyDeleteHave fun you lovely Mama with that little one - man does it go fast (and I know you know that and that you've already heard it 1.3 million times). But really, it does.
luvs, aby
You are a superstar to birth a boy that big and more! 4 Boys, 4 missions to pay for, and all those blessings that come with! Congratulations, mama! He is so cute. It is amazing to see how big he looks in a couple of pics and then see him curled up looking so tiny in his carseat.... so sweet. You did a great job! Next baby, we'll talk Hypnobabies! Lots of love to all!!!
ReplyDeleteApril, I listened to most of the Hypnobabies stuff but I didn't like it as much as Hypnobirthing and Bradley. In fact, I had the CDs on my ipod birthing playlist, and every time it got to one of those tracks during the birth, we'd skip it! I think they started losing me at the affirmation "I deserve a quick and painless birth," because I didn't feel like I was going to have a quick birth. And that back labor nearly killed me!
ReplyDeleteBut it's over. I never felt this way after the other births, but I'm thinking that if we go for a fifth child, I might seriously consider going for the epidural. But really I'll probably go natural again . . . I get freaked out when I start worrying about what all those drugs might do to me and the baby. No heroism here, just another brand of fear!