Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Summer Snippets

Graham: "Mom, I want to go to THIS preschool where I can learn another language." (after checking out a bilingual Spanish preschool where Graham might go instead of kindergarten next year, mostly because his late birthday would make my baby still four years old for the first two days of all-day kindergarten—so happy he's buying into the plan so far . . .)

Russell: "Didn't my lego ship turn out awesome? Thanks for helping find all the pieces, Mom." (after I spent a long 30 minutes on the floor combing through the legos for the bits his instructions prescribed)

Isaac: Silence. Because he was at scout camp today, where it rained all day but he still had a great time fishing, shooting, playing and learning.

We're on day three of summer. So far my house has been cleaner than it's been for weeks, thanks to boys motivated by dimes to do chores. But part of me can't believe this is only day three. The days certainly stretch long!

No comments:

Post a Comment