Monday, December 17, 2012

Hello Blog

Yup, I'm still here. I'm pretty sure I've lost all my readers, but I thought I'd jump in the saddle again for a moment (since this blog is narcissistic anyway).

What's new around here:
  • I am now the bishop's wife. So far that's meant I'm eating a lot more junk food and yelling at the kids more. How holy is that?
  • We had the first freeze of the year, so the lemon and lime trees came inside. They are both blooming. So grateful for that annual tender mercy, like a tender message from my little Samuel that my faith that there is hope for a better world can remain intact.
  • We have a cat who showed up at our doorstep as a tiny kitten about 6 months ago when we started our kitchen remodel. Her name is Shadow. I think she's pregnant, since we've seen a lot of teenage male cats hanging around. She's not allowed in the house, yet our sunroom and garage smell like cat. Blech.
  • Christmas is coming. As usual, I am not ready, and am to that point where I've stopped the delusions of grandeur and am just trying to survive and at least get gifts for my kids and husband.
  • Henry is two. He doesn't sleep through the night and spends way too much time playing on my iPhone and iPod.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't post for almost a year after Jeff was born, and then rarely for months after that. I was simply too exhausted. You're the bishop's wife and get a similar pass. I am sure both of you will "find your stride" eventually. How about if I just check back in six months?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mindy,

    Is this you? My daughter found a postcard in a drawer with your family in India--and I found my way here. I've thoroughly enjoyed skimming your blogs! What a gift you have for chronicling your life's adventures!

    Since seeing you last we've made our way from Provo to Damascus to Orem to Salt Lake to Cairo to Orem to Michigan to Jerusalem and now we've settled in Orem again. And yes, we occasionally stop by Cox Apartments and tell stories about it to our kids. :) I would LOVE to get in touch with you!

    Wendy (Tanner) Gubler
    gubfam@gmail.com
    801-361-2552
    http://wendyandjosh.blogspot.com/?zx=2e5fe4dacc9d745d
    (but I haven't written in it for almost 3 years and can't even find my way into our other old blog:) :) :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. You haven't lost all your readers. :)

    ReplyDelete