Thursday, February 04, 2010

Lost Clothes Postscript

Wonderful Katie was nice to point out that most of the clothes we lost were due for replacement anyway, and then picked out a new wardrobe for me! She has superpowers I will never have, inherited from her mama whom I miss—so glad I get to be related to her and mooch.

I also remembered a past tragic/lucky event that makes me feel a little sheepish (again) about my complaining. While traveling in the USA during Christmas 2007, Delta Airlines lost one of our suitcases, full of kids' clothes, winter gear, Christmas toys, and 20 children's books my mom had recorded herself reading for the kids. I was devastated over the lost stuff, especially the books and Christmas presents, and submitted a very detailed insurance claim to the airline. They paid up a hefty sum of cash, and then the suitcase showed up at our doorstep four months later (I wish I'd had a video camera attached to it).



We didn't have to give the money back, and I hadn't replaced much of the stuff, since we either didn't need it or couldn't find it in India. So now I guess that free money from the airline makes my recent lost clothes incident moot.

Excuse me, I gotta go shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment