Wednesday, December 02, 2009
Can I Have Some of That?
I'd like some of Katie's discipline, some of Dawn's simplicity and consistency, some of Christa's love for people and laundry skills, some of Grandma's optimism and confidence, some of Nancy's organization, some of Miranda's passion, some of Hilde's poise, some of Mom's daily shower ritual, some of Janielle's clean, some of Cindy's cooking and sewing skills, some of Grandma Key's pragmatism and self-sufficiency, some of Cheri's way with people, some of Tricia's focus on her kids, some of Monica's perspective, some of Ann's teaching abilities, some of Kathy's leadership abilities and order, some of Dad's ability to make conversation with anyone, some of Ross's work ethic, some of Dani's dedication to music and exercise, some of Debbie's belief that tomorrow will be better, some of Aislinn's desire to reproduce, some of Cherie's confidence and competence, some of Rachel's calm, some of Russell's energy and awareness, some of Graham's love for everyone in the world, some of Isaac's motivation and optimism, some of Rich's can-do attitude and forgiveness, some of so many people. But not all. In the end I guess I'd rather be all me, relying on Christ for my strength and improvement because I always seem to get in trouble when I compare myself to others.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment